Navigating on the RED FLAGS website
Reaching the website
You can reach Red Flags at the following addresses:
The last two links will take you to the first domain, but with automatically switching the website's display language to Hungarian.
The welcome page shows basic information about the tool and invites the user inside. It has the following sections:
- About the project - Provides brief information about the project and the contributors. Also, the project summary is able to be downloaded.
- Statistics - Shows some charts to demonstrate the underlying database.
- Features - Tells some words about what you can do with Red Flags.
- Contact - Provides a contact e-mail address.
The Statistics section of the welcome page shows the following charts:
- Distribution of flag counts - we count the flags for each notice, then count the notices by different flag counts, so you can see how many notices have 0 flags, 1 flag, 2 flags, and so on.
- Rate of redflagged notices - for each quarter we count the notices (green), and the notices which have at least one flag (red).
- Total value of contracts per year for each contract type - we group notices by year and contract type (works, supply, service), then summarize the total final values in each category.
These charts are updated once every day, when the daily crawl procedure finishes.
Every chart has options for printing and exporting in various formats, click on the button in the top right corner of a chart.
The header bar helps you navigate on Red Flags, it's visible on the top of all pages. It shows the logo, navigation links, language switcher and the login/logout button.
You can find the following navigation links in the header:
- Home - Brings you back to the welcome page.
- Notices - Takes you the list of notices (documents of public procurements), where you find the filters and the subscription options. This is the main feature of Red Flags.
- Organizations - Jumps to the organization lister page.
Clicking on the logo will always get you back to the welcome page.
On the welcome page, the header shows links also for the sections (described above), clicking them will scroll the page to the appropriate section.
Currently Red Flags can display 2 languages, English and Hungarian. Switching between them can be done by clicking the "HU" or "EN" links in the top right corner.